The company is Europe based with the North American headquarters located in Pittsburgh, PA. The software engineer works closely with the European Software team, supporting the development of our KIOSK solutions in North America. The successful candidate will have a solid technical background, strong interpersonal skills, and superior project management capabilities. The successful candidate must have the ability to become well versed with a proprietary software/hardware platform. This position will require the ability to evaluate in-house & third-party software/hardware components to determine their integration requirements and compatibility. The successful candidate must have a strong understanding of the Microsoft Windows environment and a willingness to become familiar with Android/iOS software development. This position will require the ability to design software components simultaneously within different environments and languages.
• Expand existing software to meet the changing needs of our KIOSK customers
• Lead Engineer on projects involving software and/or hardware integration
• Formalize requirements for new projects/software changes from the Business Perspective
• Focus on creating fault-tolerant programs that are expected to operator automatically 24/7
• Provide contact point with third-party vendors in the market, over integration projects (e.g. payment devices/systems, peripherals, 3rd party solutions)
• Coordinate acceptance tests of new software deliveries for the market. In house testing and responsible of Beta/Trial phases in the field
• Become well versed in both Windows PC and Android/iOS mobile application development
• Create platform independent applications designed to enhance our customer’s experiences
• Write/localize user/functional documentation based on customer requirements or based on his own understanding of the system
• Create all the documentation needed to support other departments (Support, Installation, Sales, Reporting, etc.)
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or equivalent discipline
• Up to 50% travel
• Strong understanding of the MS Windows OS
• General IT skills: networking configuration, remote control software and CRM solutions
• Understanding of Software Development cycles and the ability to generate the required documentation
• Proven ability to perform software functional analysis and integration testing
• Ability to learn to use both standard/commercial new tools and new software solutions
• Experience with NoSQL database such as MongoDB
• Up to date with SW industry trends – NodeJS, AngularJS, MEAN dev stack, Mobile, etc.
• Organizational and strong Project Management skills as well as Documentation skills
Benefits: medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and competitive vacation package
Location: Pittsburgh, PA; Relocation assistance is not offered
Qualified candidates selected to advance in the interviewing process, must successfully pass a timed technical test.